Monday, January 28, 2008

A New Job and a New Lease on Life...

Ok, so...the job interview went incredibly well. My fitness and reception background and my experience with children has led to an awesome position at the women's-only fitness club I belong tp. Free membership means substantial savings, plus I love the atmosphere and I LOVE the gym. My interviewer was also so impressed with my credentials that she offered me a full-time position in several facets. They are going to train me for reception, personal training and sales as well beause I "have that personality." I am sooooo relieved that I can finally leave the toxic job that I have now, and this place is much, much closer.
I have found an eating plan (clean eating) for my "boot camp" to lose 15 lbs. I have also found some inspiration: Tosca Reno has posted a clean eating contest. Basically one has to take some "before" photos and file them away, then eat clean for three months and take more photos and send them in. I am totally going to do this, of course I plan on "fattening" myself in these photos, ie pouching out my belly, giving myself a double chin etc, beause I am honestly not that fat. Only a bit, and I think if I can get ripped with this meal and workout plan, I could definitely possibly win this contest (although probably not). Three thousand dollars seems like good incentive to me to stay off the junk (food) for three months.
Here is the diet:
7:00am- 1/3 c. dry oatmeal cooked with 2/3 c. water topped with 2 T. ground flaxseed.
- 5 egg whites scrambelled or boiled
- 1 c. green tea
- 1L water
9:30am- 5 oz whitefish or chicken
- 1/2 c. raw veggies
12:00pm- 1 1/2 c. greens with 3 radishes and 5 chreey tomatoes with 5 oz canned tuna in water
and lemon juice for the dressing.
-1 c. green tea
- 500 ml water
2:30pm- 5oz grilled chicken
- 1/2 c. raw veggies
- 500 ml water
5:00pm- 5oz grilled chicken or fish
- 1/2 c. raw veggies
- 500 ml water
After dinner: Water or herbal tea only
This may strike you as a little strict, and it honestly makes me a litte nervous too, but I am sure that if I mix it up enough with the seasonings, I should be fine. As well, I don't know how I feel about eating grilled chicken or fish at 9:00am, so I will likely skip that meal and add half of a steamed sweet potato with my dinner.
My planned workout is as follows:
Monday: 35 mins on treadmill (run) and shoulders, back and abs
Tuesday: 45 mins on treadmill (run)
Wednesday: 35 mins on the treadmill (run) and chest and hamstrings
Thursday: 1 hr on the treadmill (run)
Friday: 35 mins on the treadmill (run) and quads, shoulders, biceps and triceps
Saturday: off
Sunday: Yoga
It all starts this evening. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: